Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It is 2012...

I do hope you are all feeling well
and I also hope this year is as crafty as last

I will tell you what I have been up to
We arrived in the UK on the 12 December..
All was fine, and we got unpacked and settled into Paul's mum's home.
She then asked me to help her make some Christmas cards
Yes I replied.... she said she only needed a couple
A couple !!! mmm 40 in total..
and only one day to make them arrgghh was not the word in my head
Taking into account she wanted to use parts of cards she already had ready
Paul's mum sits most night sewing so imagine a years worth of sewing
Christmas trees, angels, stars... the list goes on
40 cards needed !!
I did make them when I was in Portugal for her when she asked
but
she wanted to make them using her things
(yes I have 40 cards sat doing nothing now)
I did get down to work and while I was making them
Pauls' mum was printing inserts and writing on them
Then all we had to do was insert the insert
finished at about 11pm.. 
 I have been very busy ever since
doing lots of things, but still no colouring with my new pens
I did have a sneaky go, and realized just how hard they are to use
the shading is tricky. I need lots of practice.
I do have a couple of cards to show...
I have made them up but Paul's mum has all the credit for the sewing on them
 These are for next year so there shouldn't be a rush
 Paul's mum makes cards for people at her local church, 
they are given out on their Christmas meal get together in the church hall
She spent hours sewing all year only to run out of time to make them up
But Claire to the rescue...lol.. and now in front for next year
In total I have made another 20 for next year.


I am hoping to have something to show tomorrow, I really do need to find mr mojo
some time for me, and lots of pictures to colour !!


I am entering these into
Make it Monday Linky
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow

4 comments:

misteejay said...

Well done on coming to the rescue Claire - I'm sure your help was much appreciated.

Lovely cards.

As for your pens...you'll be surprised how quickly you will get to grips with using them. Have a look on youtube for some hints & tips type videos and also see if there are any tutorials on the web by Crafters Companion/Spectrum Noir. Many folk who use 'pens' to colour have tutorials on their blogs (try Bev Rochester) and even if they are not using 'Noirs' the basic ideas will be the same.

Toni xx

Sandy said...

Hi, Paul's Mum has made delightful stitched cards, love the decoupage as well.
You did well to put them all together in one day,
Sandy

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Wow, you two sound like an amazing team and yeah you for being ahead of schedule for next Christmas! :D How long did it take to resuscitate you after she asked for 40? LOL
Your cards look AMAZING and the sewing on them is well, priceless.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Make It Monday!
hugs,
Lisa xx

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx