Thursday, November 24, 2011

Using up

Things in the kitchen units time
We move in just under two weeks.
so I am trying to use food up..
We will not be taking any with us so what is left will go in the bin
and it's amazing what is in them
Fridge and freezer are more or less empty
its the store room things, flour pasta rice etc
here is what we made yesterday afternoon
 we made cakes..

 Chocolate ones.. and am sure they will be eaten with in the week
Paul and Hannah like them
We did buy some Portuguese Christmas cake.. it isnt that nice
here is a pic of it
 Yes it comes with full thick slices of peel on the top
amd has more nuts in it than anything
it looks lovely but the taste is not so..
I then made this
 looks very pale as this is a before pic...
Apple crumble but with a pastry base
I always do a pastry base so the apple stays nicer
Just the way I like it
 Here is after its cooked
and I have to say..it was rather nice

There is plenty left...lol
we had it hot with icecream last night
so tonight it may be cold with custard..
Time for me to get some washing in and ironing done 
and pack some clothes into black bags
ready to go into the car travel box.
Thanks for stopping by xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Claire,
Loving the new look - its fab!!
Bet you are really excited about the move but I'm sure its a bit nerve racking too!!! Good luck with it all but will be in touch before then xxx

Chrissy said...

Yum, Yum, choccie cakes, my favourite, bet they wouldn't last the week in my house...AND...there is only ME..oink oink...never have liked Christmas cake regardless where it came from dont like the fruit....but the apple crumble looks mighty fine too...aren't you glad you dont have to feed me...

Luv CHRISSYxx

misteejay said...

Gosh, so many yummy things mmmmmmmmmmm

Toni xx

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx