Saturday, October 8, 2011

Orange Calendula

Is the type of flower I have used on this card.
I have to admit I have made this just for the Challenge
They have asked for you to use either
 Calendula or Cosmos on your project
Now it isn't often we make cards with Deepest Sympathy on but this is what I have put onto my card..
I have made an Easel card (my fave) ,I have used the book easel from The Clipart Fairy
Go on over and have a look, The designs are amazing 
and there are always papers to match they are a very clever team
The original was called Dolly Mix but I have turned it grey scale
Now I did spend quiet some time making the flowers..
I wanted them to look like the Calendula image I have used
I am still unsure on whether I have managed to achieve this.
A close up of my homemade flowers
What do u think??
I have used a deep orange and a light orange paper
to make these not sure if you can tell by the photo
I hope they resemble the flower on the card !!
now for the full card

It is now time for me to go...
It has taken me nearly an hour to write this
Bad Mr Blogger...not letting me upload photos quicker
I hope this is OK for the Challenge
Thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

wow, I think your card is great and your hand-made flowers are beautiful!! They look just like pot marigolds! I didn't go to anywhere near so much trouble with my effort - a stamped image coloured with copics - yours is really lovely, Mary G x

purple_pea_fran said...

Wow! Your flowers are stunning! Truly beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow those flowers are absolutely fantastic! thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx