Thursday, August 18, 2011

Please help.. if you want to

I have a huge favor to ask... 

I  received an email from Carolyn on Wednesday which made me sad..
Carolyn's daughter has cancer
and Carolyn is asking for help

After reading it I answered straight away with a yes.
Your now wondering why I answered YES Well here goes

I  am not going to just copy and paste the email but I have chosen part of the email to show..


"If you could find it in your heart to send her a 
"Thinking of You" or "Your in My Prayers" card to boost her moral a little 
I would really appreciate it. 
If you think you could, then just reply to this email 
and I will send you her address here in Canada. 
If you can't send a card.... that's ok too ..... 
just add her to your prays an I will be grateful for that too."

Since the email Carolyn has put a post on her blog
so if you want to know more click Carolyn

Hopefully you have hopped over to have a look !!
I think it is a lovely idea
Although I am British The card will be arriving from Portugal
So if any of you would like to help am sure 
Carolyn, and especially her daughter
will be so very happy.
here is the card I am sending
It is a book easel card
Which I thought would represent a bible !!
and bibles have prayers in them.
I added a cross to the right hand page
not entirely sure why..
I just thought it would be nice.


I added the sentiment on the pc
before printing out and cutting and layering
I added ribbon, stick on dots and
homemade flowers and swirls.

I have also added a message on the back of the book
and of course my signature.
I do hope it gets to Susan in one piece 
and isn't squashed 
lets hope the post men and ladies
are careful
Hannah made a card also.. 
but that one will be a surprise.

Susan and Carolyn, your in our thoughts xx







3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Claire this is such a thoughtful and lovely card you are sending to Carolyn's daughter .

Carolyn said...

Thank you so much for adding this to your blog Claire. Your card is a VERY beautiful and elaborate one that will be cherished BUT she would appreciate even a very simple card .... just to boost her moral a little.

I think it would nice for her to receive cards from as many countries as possible to show how we ALL care about each other around the world.

Thanks so much for the added exposure.

HUGS!!!
Carolyn

misteejay said...

What a stunning card Claire - I'm sure this will be very much treasured.

Thank you for sharing this.

Toni xx

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx