Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bumble Bee Card

Hello everyone out there, I hope you have nice weather like we do over here in Portugal, it is so nice I don't want to be inside.. I have still manged to do a couple of crafty bits, while sitting in the sun..cutting out and some colouring.


This card I made last weekend, It is part of a set of 8, I used up some papers from Making Cards magazine, I was only going to make one, but was enjoying my time in my craft room and made 8.


Here is the card..


The basic easel is made us A4 white card stock, I then layered using Pale yellow card stock, then the Patterned Vellum, adding some ribbon. On the sentiment I used a paper pricker to add a small pattern along both edges, and embossed some white card, then added the sentiment to the top over some matching ribbon.
The easel part of the card is just 14cm square pale yellow and vellum again with the cute  bumble bee.


I am entering this card into the following competitions,


http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/ - - Darlin Bugs of May
http://www.sewmanychallenges.com/ - - Anything Goes
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ - - Anything Goes
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/ - - Anything Goes
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/ --Anything goes




I hope you have all had a good weekend

Thanks for stopping by xx

16 comments:

Amy Tidd said...

Weather isn't too bad here in the uk, but very jealous of you crafting over in Portugal!! Love your card!!! I made a ladybird card for DCM challenge!! Xx

Lynda said...

Oh I just love this card! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

stampingmarianne said...

Very original easelcard! Really love the bees!!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
Marianne

misteejay said...

Enjoy your sunshine Claire as it seems to have disappeared here in the South East of the UK and it has turned quite chilly.

I love your easel card - so pretty.

Toni :o)

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Great card, love that little bee!

papertrails leaver said...

Claire this is a sweet card! Love the little bee you have used as focal point. Also like the envie you did to match! Thanks for joining us at Penny's and Crafty Creations! :-) Amy

Rika said...

Sweet card,
thanks for joining in with daring card makers.

Kathy said...

That's lovely Claire - and I do believe that's the same bee picture I converted to a Craft Robo template for my card! Thank you for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' Darlin' BUGS of May challenge

Michelle said...

Hi Claire

Fabulous fun card, love the bright, cheery colour and that gorgeous bee. Your colouring is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

scrap joanny said...

very cute !!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous papers and an adorable Bee!! Very lovely card.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Cate said...

Cute card!

Carolyn said...

Love this easel card. It is different from the ones I have seen.
I saw your card on Make It Monday.

Jo said...

This is fantastic - the little bee is beautiful!

jo x

Deb said...

Adorable image and what a super layout and beautiful papers, thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week
Debs R
xxx

Made by Mandy said...

Wow, I am so envious of you being in Portugal. The weather has been fairly good in the UK recently though so it's not been all bad :)

Love your little bee card, lovely happy colours.

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx