Monday, July 18, 2011

Christmas card in July

Yes you read that right, 
I have noticed that a lot of blogs are asking for Christmas cards, so thought I would start on mine...
I now have about ten made... but showing just one today...
AND
It is going into some competitions... Well you never know..that random org may pick me one day
(rolls eyes while thinking... your not that lucky Claire)
Onto the blog's

Catch The Bug Challenge blog - Christmas in July.. this blog has weekly and daily competitions going on... hop over and have a look.

Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Now the inspiration for this card came from one of the books my mum in law sent over for me for my Birthday in June, although in the book is was made for a birthday notice board
BUT
I liked it, so thought maybe it would work for a Christmas card.
It did take me a while to make as getting the ribbon to stick and stay straight was a challenge
and the cutting out of the flowers on my machine, one at a time..lol
But I think it came together quite nicely..
even Paul likes it... !!!

Right time to get on, Tasmin has brought half a tree in my work room, and chewed it into little pieces, so I need to sweep that up, and I have spent way too much time blogging this morning... 
I am also in the mood to colour, so I need to print out some digi images and stamp some Christmas Tilda and Edwin's.
(grumpy face as they are the only two stamps I have)

Thanks for popping in xx



11 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
hugs
Marilyn

Karen said...

It's lovely. I've just made my very first Christmas card too - it didn't feel right at all. Lol...
Not blogged it yet though. Smiles.
Saw your card on MIM and had to come for a closer look. Very nice indeed. Hugs. Karen.xx

Eemeli said...

Awesome card. Saw it on Make It Monday and I totally love it!
Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

misteejay said...

This is beautiful Claire.

Toni xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Claire .This card definately has festive feel to it . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Zoechaos said...

Very stylish card just popped over from MIM to see this and so worth the visit. XOXO Zoe

Helen said...

Fabulous 'holiday' card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - love the flower and ribbons
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Sande said...

HI Calire!

You have done lovely Christmas card here.
I love the way the ribbons go.
I saw your card on Make It Monday and wanted to say how beautiful it is.

Hugs, Sande xxx

suzARTe said...

I have to get started on my Christmas cards as well,was going to do so today but have done my back in and all I can do this evening is blog hop and comment.Love this card,great to get inspiration from a notice board.Nice to be able to check out your work through MIM

MGB said...

Lovely card.
I saw your card on Make it Monday!

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx