Saturday, June 11, 2011

In the Frame at..

The challenge this week is ... "they would like to see a frame of some sort or something in a frame... we'd like you to be as inventive as you like.
You could doodle, draw, emboss, ink, paint, colour, print, stamp, emboss resist,  mask or any other method you can come up with to get a frame of sorts into your design."

So I am entering this card
How I made this..
The picture is the family Iguana, Hector, he will be ONE in two weeks time..
Why am I making the Iguana a card your thinking... well the other half suggested it...
I chose one of his pictures and then spent a little time in Photodraw editing him, changing colour, texture, size etc, I then printed him straight onto while card. 
Then I embossed the double frame round the picture and stamped Happy Birthday Hector
Really easy card, so easy I am thinking of maybe making one with the other half on.

Thanks for stopping by xx


17 comments:

Chrissie said...

This certainly is novel, I haven't seen an Iguana's birthday card before and very splendid he looks too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

misteejay said...

Lovely that Hector will have his very own birthday card.

Beautiful card Claire.

Toni xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Now that is different!, love how you have put it together.

Hazel said...

Hector makes a lovely card! Doesn't sound like an easy card to me! Well done. Hazel x

Paula Whittaker said...

intersting and clever card.

joanne wardle said...

aww he's kinda cute!

Suzilou said...

Really love this, what a fab idea for a card :)

Ang C said...

What a brilliant card


Happy Birthday Hector!

Netty said...

Loving your card, Annette x

Beryl K said...

What a brilliant card
Beryl x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is sooo... great Claire !! Why shouldn't an Iguana have a birthday card? I make cards for my little doggie, after all :o) Thanks for your lovely comment on my LIM card - fingers crossed for you that you find the stamp over on Pez-a-doodle !!
hugs
wynneth
x

Mandi said...

Now this really is original!
Sure Hector will be thrilled lol
Thank you!
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Carolyn said...

Boy no one else would think of this. What a different idea. Turned out great.
Carolyn W

Deborah Frings said...

It's brilliant!! I love the image and the frame is super.

Birthday greetings to Hector!

Susan said...

Very unique and creative!
My Card

Sue said...

Fab card, so different and very personal to Hector. Sue.x

Pauline said...

Well, I think Hector is very photogenic! Fabulous card!

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx