Monday, June 6, 2011

Ribbon weaving.

Well I have been thinking what I can do for the challenge at
  Less is More..  Monochrome.

Well I had a couple of ideas, but they didn't work...  so back to thinking again... I was sat at my work desk staring into space, when I seemed to be focused on my ribbon holder...
 thats when I thought
weaving
center piece
written sentiment
Simple..

so here is my card, 
 as mentioned above I made this for a challenge.
I hope it meets the criteria.

I  made the card below for the challenge also but was not happy with the end result, but 
have decided to show as a what went wrong card.
I used paint, to do the shading and then while it was slightly wet stamped my image...not a good idea as it then ran... and looked messy, but then I thought maybe markers would lift it in places... it did look rather nice, but me being me added a little bit more... and this is the end result..
Not 100% happy although it doesn't look too bad like this but when you look closer
you can see the smudginess of it. I also added a little glitter to the leaves which didn't work as planned either.

Must be one of them days.. I do get them every now and again were everything I try just does not seem to want to work right.

Anyway its time I got myself ready to pick Hannah up from school, and see how her test went.. I couldn't get out of her what test she had this morning..just she has a test.. will see if she can tell me on the way home.

Thanks for stopping by even though its a bit of a dreadful post with what went wrong !!!

19 comments:

Rita said...

Both cards are Stunning. Hugs Rita xx

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, the weaving looks spectacular.

Kathyk said...

Smashing cards and I think you were too hard on yourself with card number two

Kathyk

Mandi said...

I thought the black card was by the 'soot stamping' technique then Claire
The weaving looks good, hard to keep even and taught I guess
They both look ok to me!
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Netty said...

Both cards are smashing and I love the smudging it's a great effect. Annette x

Chrissie said...

I think we all get 'one of those days' from time to time Claire... I think I had one today... but this card is great.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Great cards! The ribbon weaving is especially fantastic. Great take on the theme!

Beryl K said...

Stunning cards, think the second one is my favourite
Beryl x

Ohneilly said...

Lovely cards, I made a weaving one last week too, very effective,
Claire x

misteejay said...

The colour combination on the ribbon card is lovely - reds can be so difficult to put together - great card.

The smudginess of the other card is actually very effective.

Toni xx

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely cards and I would never have known your problems with the black and white card:)
Val x

Carole Campanile said...

Oh my .... I LOVE the ribbon card, its just gorgeous. Good try on the first card, sometimes a technique works out and sometimes its off a bit. However, I still think its a lovely card and I like the sparkle you added to it.

Well done!
Carole

suzARTe said...

these cards are just lovely Claire. I have always wanted to ribbon weaving, I might just have a go

Sarah said...

Great weaving - love the different tones of red.
Sarah at 162

Debby said...

I really like the card with the ribbon.
So simple, but oh so beautiful!
Debby

Jenny said...

Hi Claire, I love the ribbon weaving, it's so effective and fits right in with the challenge:)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

The ribbon looks fab Claire (I've never tried this, though I've got loads of ribbon! Lol). I think the 'smudged' one looks ok too - the only way we learn is to try something new. xx

Shobana said...

Lovely cards! Love the ribbon weaving! So clever! :) The second one looks great to me! Guess I have no idea where you went wrong! :)

Susan said...

Claire, I totally understand! Some days no matter what I do, I just don't like it! However...your ribbon card is so creative and unique...I just love it!
Susan@Keeping in Touch

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx