Saturday, June 25, 2011

Less and Simple...

This post is for Two Challenges... so I combined the names...and not very well....
(rolls eyes)
I tried though
(little grin)

Less is More  - Sketch 
and here it is.

Clear it out Challenge  - Clean and Simple

Now you know were the blog post title came from.
ok so I will try harder next time to come up with a better name.

Here is my card.. 


It is a 15cm square card,
with a strip of red card through the center
(I would love to tell you the name of the red card, but am afraid it is just called Red)
Then I added three handmade flowers using foam pads.
The flowers are made using a die in my machine
They also have a red peel off gem in the middle.
I then stamped Happy Birthday using my new ink, 
yes new ink... NEW INK
its called Versafine - Onyx black
And it is lovely to use

I hope it fits the criteria of both Challenges.

Those of you that pop over regular..
I have also finished Mum's Birthday card
SO If i get chance later I will pop some pics on
I am rather happy with the result, 
apart from one thing (rolls eyes)
It looks  like an Anniversary card !!!

Thanks for stopping by xx

19 comments:

Chrissie said...

Super card Claire and perfect for our challenge! Those flowers are great.
Thanks so much for joining us!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

lovely cas card x

Jo Street said...

Oooh pretty card!
Jo x

Unknown said...

a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Clear It OUt

Kathyk said...

Very nice indeed, great idea of the red and the white - very classy

Kathyk

misteejay said...

I love the clean lines on this one Claire - it is beautiful.

Toni xx

Jan said...

Great card Claire xx Jan

Chrissy said...

LOL...I can just see you rolling your eyes..lol
The name is good, and the card is wonderful.Love the flowers, great card, look forward to seeing your Mums card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Maribel said...

Very, very beautifull, I like the flowers

Mandi said...

FB card Claire, so elegant and simple.
will you post your husbands entry separately this week? lol
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Dana said...

Pretty card!

Sandy said...

Love your handmade flowers, beautiful card
Sandy

Lynne said...

Super card. Love the way you`ve done your flowers.
Lynne xxx

Hazel said...

I thought I'd already commented to say that I love this, maybe I have and it's got lost. Hazel x

Suze Bain said...

A perfect CAS card. It's lovely. xx

Susan said...

Very pretty blooms, Claire! Love the red and white combo! My Card

Theresa said...

Claire this is just lovely. The flowers you used are so wonderful. I love the pop of the red. Great card!!

Aileen said...

Love the flowers, they really pop against the red background. x

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Claire, simple and very pretty. Great colour scheme too :)
Jenny

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx