Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Daughters are ....

SO SO nosy....
I suppose it's my Fault..
I have spent the day making Hannah's Christmas card
And the whole time Hannah has been sat next to me
Normally she would be in her room,
in the garden or anywhere I am not
but no today because I wanted to make HER card
she stuck to me like glue
Now I didn't say who the card was for
just sat down and started to craft..
Hannah has watched everything I have done !!!
She is now in bed (for the time being anyway)
So my chance to show you all
this may turn into a long post
so much so I have made myself a coffee
(big grin)
Here I have all my parts cut
I have DST the image onto the red card
ready to cut round
The card will be A4
the reason why... the image is rather BIG

here I have more things on the PC table
I have added ribbon and tied the bow ready
flowers are waiting along with my 
die cut leaves



And here it is finished.. !!!
haha... sorry couldn't resist
no this is just the backing paper for the front.
BUT
me being me... didn't finish the front
I started the inside


And finished the inside too
yes it's wonkey... very wonkey
There is a reason
Yes the main piece of paper went on wonky
so YES I am trying to hide the fact
I attached it wonky...lol


I had the idea of what I wanted the flowers to look like
I don't have many and don't very often use them
I spent at least half an hour arranging them on my mat
then decided I would cheat
I cut a small piece of red card the width of the roses
so you wouldn't see them
and made the flowers in layers
the white leaves first then the roses over the top
as you can see here I have two roses done
and I am going to do this again
it was so much easier than trying to get them in the right place on the card without the worry the glue would dry tooooo quickly
Sorted and Happy claire.
now to put the card together
mmm
here is is !!!
now I then had an idea..which at the time I thought was good
I will use up some of the tiny little gold dots
round the edge of the image were I have crincle cut !!
you know the ones....
there you go..the little tiny ones off the peel off sheets
yes lets add them round the image !!
I was not impressed at all with MY idea..
it took me for ever to get them off the sheet
how long !!! 35 minutes to attach them all the way round


It does look nice though
Oh and my flowers !!!
I am rather pleases with these


It is the first time I have added white leaves !!
but it will not be the last..
Now if I had a holly punch....
mmm
I also added a few sticky dots here and there


 THE FINISHED CARD
I do have a small name card 
blank of course to add to the front
But I won't be doing that until
just before I write on the card



So there is the card finished
Hope you like it
I am going to enter this into
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - Sketch
Simon says stamp - Dies to die for.. I have used leaf die lots of times!!
and thanks for stopping by xx

8 comments:

CraftyNatalie said...

This is a beautiful card.

Natalie { Guest designer for challenge 2 over at the cutie pie blog }

Unknown said...

Beautiful card... Hannah will be very pleased xxx

misteejay said...

Lovely card Claire - very classy colours but oh so cute...Hannah will love it.

Toni xx

Hazel said...

Great card Claire. Is it a Tickled Pink image?? Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at Cutie Pie Challenges and good luck,
H xx

lindyloo said...

Hello Claire
wow your card is stunning hun and beautiful colouring thank you for playing along with us at cutie pie hugs lindyloo x

Anonymous said...

Claire I love your card! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has wonky days! Thank you for joining in the first Cutie Pie Challenge Good Luck with your entry! Woo x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card and loved how you showed how you made it.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun...

thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie...and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments, they make my day.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit
Claire xx